As was the case with the non-availability of PandaBoard so was with mbed. We were in a crisis situation as one of the main components (mbed) was again out of stock. However, we didn't lose hope and started figuring out other possibilities of getting a mbed to work on. While the search was still on, our teammate Tushar gave us a surprise that we had actually won a free mbed (form was secretly filled by him). We took a sigh of relief as we had crossed another barrier and saved some money :-) . As a back up we had earlier thought of buying 2 mbeds. Luckily we were fortunate enough and after few days mbed was again in stock. Since one of the required two mbeds was already won (:-) ), we thought of placing the order for the 2nd one for our safety.
After we received the mbed yesterday, one of our tasks was to get accustomed to the product as we all three were new to it. We successfully implemented some serial transmission codes through the mbed online compiler.