All ready with the second prototype of the belt, we showcased viSparsh at the TechEd2012 held at Bengaluru from 21st to 23rd March 2012.
TechEd is Microsoft's annual event to showcase state of the art technologies. We were given a booth to demonstrate our prototype.
This second prototype of the belt has following upgradations
- Less Bulky due to replacement of twelve 1.2V batteries with single 3 cell LiPo Battery.
- Single switch On-Off belt
- One major component mbed removed by directly running vibration motor through PandaBoard.
- Voltage Cut-off circuit integrated to prevent battery from damaging.
- Better Haptic feedback using the new vibration motors.
It was a fantastic experience demonstrating our project in such a big platform. The project was highly appreciated by the industry experts and others who visited the event.